Forum

Replacement screen for HP laptop  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS
azhoon
(@azhoon)

Hi,

I need to replace my damaged HP laptop screen. It is LG branded with the following number at the back of the panel: LP156WH3(TP)(SH). A quick search on eBay returned with This screen in France (which is perfect since I live in EU and it will be shipped fast). My question is can buy this screen or any other (in case I found cheaper) as long as it has that same model number?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/03/2018 1:49 pm
junky
(@junkyadmin)
Member Admin
  1. It has a standard 30-pin eDP connection, which means you can go with other 30-pin eDP screens that are much better than the one you have (resolution, colors, contrast).
  2. The rule is you need a 30-pin eDP screen, with same connection replacement (but they usually all in the same place)
  3. Check this list for good panels.
  4. When you buy a panel from eBay/Amazon/whatever make sure you are getting the actual model and not a "compatible" or "replacement" which means they can send you something that will work but can be far away in terms of quality
  5. Stuff like this will be great: 1, 2
ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/03/2018 2:10 pm
azhoon
(@azhoon)

Sorry I forgot to mention that the original screen's max res is 1366 x 768 so I am not sure a FHD panel will work. I once borrowed a FHD screen from my buddy and it did not seem to work properly. I am not really looking for an IPS panel but only one with acceptable colors as the laptop is old and it is not worth buying such an expensive screen for it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/03/2018 3:39 pm
junky
(@junkyadmin)
Member Admin

Yes, I saw that it is a 1366x768 screen, but it doesn't matter as long as it has the right connection - a 30 eDP connection. Do your eyes health a favor and get a good IPS. Worth the extra 20-30 Euros!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/03/2018 3:46 pm
azhoon
(@azhoon)

I appreciate your advice but currently I just want a screen with OK quality as I might buy a new laptop soon and am honestly kinda used to 1366 x 768 so I prefer to get one in that res. I have found this one too with a reasonable price. Would it be ok to get it?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/03/2018 4:39 pm
Page 1 / 2 Next
Share: